Titanium is a new type of metal. Its properties are related to the content of impurities such as carbon, nitrogen, hydrogen, and oxygen. The purest titanium iodide has an impurity content of not more than 0.1%, but its strength is low and its plasticity is high. Currently widely used in the petrochemical industry, what are the main characteristics of titanium alloys?
1. Lower density can significantly reduce string load, especially for ultra-deep oil well pipes.
2. Higher strength includes: tensile strength, creep strength, fatigue strength, etc.
3. Excellent corrosion resistance, excellent seawater corrosion resistance
4. Wide operating temperature range, the operating temperature of conventional titanium alloys ranges from minus 269 ℃ to minus 600 ℃.
5. Larger elastic deformation capacity, titanium alloy has high yield strength and low elastic modulus (E), so it is very suitable for springs and other parts, and more importantly, it is suitable for large displacement horizontal wells.
6. Lower expansion coefficient. This feature makes petroleum equipment more adaptable to temperature changes and reduces internal stress of structural parts.
7. Non-magnetic, suitable for the normal use of some detection, communication and control methods in various equipment.
8. Better processing performance, titanium alloys usually have good casting, forging, welding, 3D printing and other processing performance, which is often an important factor in the selection process of various engineering materials.
Titanium alloy pipe, Flange, all kinds of bolt fittings and so on are widely used in petroleum industry. With the improvement of titanium technology and technology, all kinds of titanium alloy oil casing and other equipment will also be widely used.